Wednesday 15 June 2011

Welcome to PGDM 2011-13 Batch at FSM


There are very few days in human life when one is truly elated from the bottom of his/her heart. And I believe the first day in college is one of them. When I arrived at Fore School of Management or FSM, there was a feeling of tingling in my stomach and I am sure you must be having the same. All of you will leave the comfort of your home to achieve something in life. I am sure you all are extremely excited as I was then.

There must be several questions in your mind. What would be the college campus like? What would the teachers and seniors be like? Who are going to be my new roommates – there is so much to find out. Some call it curiosity and some call it excitement. At FSM we call it spark. It is the spark within you that makes you unique and during the course of your journey at FSM you will find that unique spark lying somewhere deep within you as I did.

I loved singing from my childhood but I have never realized my potential as a singer. However, it was the encouragement from my batch mates and seniors that I could perform in the interschool singing competition (NEXUS) in front of hundreds of people. And it is surprising how such events fill you with the confidence to deal with the world, the true quality of a manager. I must say that I have not only learned about management inside the classroom, but also learned something from every small event in the campus.

Life at most of the management school is tough and it is the same at FSM as well. You will need to study hard, make presentations, attend lectures, perform well in exams, get a good job and what not. However, while I was busy doing all of this for past one year, fun never took a back seat and that is what makes FSM special. FSM is about grueling schedules, committees, events, functions, dhabas, Facebook groups, late night parties at hostel rooms, night-outs during exams, the list seems never ending. At times, I used to feel at loss of memory to store so much. It will sound like an exaggeration when I say that FSM is a journey in itself, but when you will be at my place writing a welcome note for your juniors you will feel the same.

I welcome all my juniors to experience the most wonderful years of their life. If someone gives me a chance to travel back in time, I will always choose to be the 1st year student at FSM. Enjoy this time to the fullest. Take your time, explore the campus, make friends, adjust with people, and learn from seniors and all-in-all live life FSM size. Most importantly discover the spark in you.

It is not in our tradition to lay red carpet to welcome students, but I would like to welcome you all from deep of my heart.

Wish you all the best for their journey as a FOREian





No comments:

Post a Comment