Sunday 26 June 2011

“I believe that I will make FORE my Alma Mater” - By Kirti Mishra (Batch 2011 - 13)


I completed my graduation in Computer Science (hons) from Ram Lal Anand College, University of Delhi in 2009. After completing my graduation, I moved to Mumbai to work as an Executive in Business Development for an energy conservation firm, ENCON Energy Management Services Pvt. Ltd. In my employment I was involved in B2B sales process, which being a highly competitive industry gave me a lot of scope for learning. However, soon I realized that a simple graduation degree is not enough to meet my career aspirations. A Masters degree in Business Administration is a must if I want to have a high profile career with better working and learning opportunities. FORE School of Management is my ladder which will help me reach the heights of success I aspire.

FORE School of management is one of the top notch colleges in the country. I feel proud to get a chance to become a part of this esteemed organization. I am extremely eager and looking forward to begin with the MBA-International Business (IB), for which I have been selected.

FORE, as we all know, is a brand name. And as the saying goes “With brands come the expectations,” I have high expectations from the two years I am going to spend here. Witnessing the learning environment at FORE and interacting with seniors (even before coming to the school), through various virtual modes viz a viz chat rooms and social networking Websites, it is evident that FORE lives up to its punch line “Learn to Lead”. Since its inception in 1981, FORE has evolved into an epitome of excellence in terms of India’s leading B-Schools. Over years it has acquired 15 national and 9 international linkages. This also involves an exchange programme with ESC Rennes International School of Business, France.

The institution can truly boast of having state-of-the-art infrastructure and can take pride in the advantage it gets in being situated in the heart of the capital city of the country. The peculiar location gives FORE the perfect mix to provide its students with industrial exposure as well as a social environment. It evades the drawback many B-schools face being located almost at the outskirts of the main city. The students in such schools do not get the opportunity to explore life beyond their B-School. However, with FORE one can get real industry exposure as well as a motivation to go beyond studies and evolve as an all-rounder to succeed in every sphere of life.

Even before joining FORE the efforts of the college in helping s us solve our queries and clear our inhibitions through Social Networking Websites like Facebook is laudable. They have given all the fresher’s a platform to interact and be friends with one another, and also the opportunity to talk with our seniors. In the long run, it will surely prove to be an effective management strategy when it comes to breaking the ice between freshers and seniors, or even the time required in making an understanding with the peer group. Students have already started organizing meets between themselves, have interacted, and even founded like-minded people. For instance, a photography club has been formed by students of our batch where in all the photography enthusiasts have uploaded some of their work and even planned to go clicking together once college begins. This platform has also shown that FORE has a good mix of all the students from various industries, including a good mix of fresh graduates and students with work experience. Students with varied interest and hobbies bring a different vigor and enthusiasm to the cultural activities in an organization and it can very well be foreseen that the management festival of the college “Genesis” will be rife with the much required diversity and fun.

In the next two years, I expect a lot of learning as well as fun in the college. On one hand, we have faculty with an average experience of 22 years, who can boost learning in us, and on the other hand we have a rich mix of students and seniors, who seem to be very congenial and fun to be with. I expect FORE will live up to my expectations and will provide me with an environment conducive to my growth academically, professionally, and socially. With its excellent placements record (almost 100% with average package of 7lakhs in 2010), it is almost certain that FORE will help every student develop into a successful corporate professional and will provide a platform for them to start their careers with the positions of authority. I believe I speak for everyone joining FORE when I say that we all expect and believe in making FORE our Alma Mater. FORE will prove to be a life changing point in our careers and social status, and will help us reach the zenith of our careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment