Saturday 11 June 2011

Interview with Siddharth Bhatnagar



I am Siddharth Bhatnagar from the 2012 batch of FORE School of Management.

Prior to joining FORE, I worked with Verizon Data Services and Ericsson India primarily to get a better understanding of the corporate world so that the MBA would have greater relevance. I intend to major in Marketing with a minor in Finance.
 

Looking back, I now feel that I did indeed make the right choice. I understand that students are often faced with the dilemma of whether to join a school or drop a year. I was at a point in my career when doing an MBA was the right thing to do and after consulting with some of my friends who were studying at FORE, I realized that the school had a great deal to offer in terms of both personal and intellectual development. The past one year has been at par with my expectations.

Good brands recruited interns from FORE this year. Internships are a great opportunity to put your learning to the test and also understand what it is that interests you. My internship is in the pharmaceutical industry with a Multinational company. I have undertaken a project to study the market for antibiotics in India and assess the opportunity of entering the market with a new product. This is a strategic project for the company and offering it to an intern only goes to show the reputation that FORE has in the industry.

Doing justice to any project involves intellectual capital. However, I believe, that another important critical factor is the right attitude. The past year has been very exciting. I have had numerous opportunities to improve my team skills, presentation and analytical skills. Through various committee activities, I have had great exposure in executing projects and meeting deadlines. There has been a marked improvement in my communication skills and most importantly I feel really confident about taking up any problem and solving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment