Sunday 26 June 2011

“FORE, a Good Option for High ROI” – By Hitashi Gupta (Batch 2010 - 12)



Prior to joining FORE, I was working with Tata Consultancy Services. When I decided to pursue MBA, my mind had a tussle between leaving a decently paying job and joining a good B-school. Return of investment was important as the opportunity cost was high, and FORE seemed like a good option that guaranteed high ROI. But that wasn’t the only reason why I choose FORE over other B-schools. Placements in any B-school play one of the most crucial part in deciding its ranking and FORE scored extremely well on that. Some of the biggest national and international companies visit FORE to recruit students. Also with its best quality of faculty and students, FORE has garnered a good brand name and a respected B-school ranking in the market.

In the past one year of my journey with FORE, I have seen myself grow as a person. With continuous interactions with the corporate world, classroom presentations, and team building exercises, both my attitude and aptitude towards management have grown. While committee exercises made me more confident and proactive, the classroom group exercises helped me become a good communicator and a better team player. Before joining the institute, I was confused about the specialization I should opt for, but the first one year which is an amalgamation of leanings from all the streams of management viz. Marketing, Finance, HR, IT and operations gave me a clear direction.

Currently, I am doing my internship from O-Zone Networks Pvt. Ltd. My profile is Area Sales Manager and my job is to manage a team of 20 people. I directly report to the National Head -Sales and Marketing. The experience that I am getting through this internship is phenomenal. It is like a rehearsal to the real play where I will be acting as a marketing manager. Getting such a profile in an internship is entirely because of the reputation of FORE in the market. I am glad that I joined FORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment