Sunday 26 June 2011

“My First Step towards Being a Professional” – By Aaroshi Asija (Batch 2011 - 13)


The journey from a graduate to joining a business school is finally coming to an end.  With my decision to join FORE School of Management, I make my first and definitive step that ensures my entry to the corporate world.

I am a business Economics graduate from Delhi University and had been a student of DPS Vasant Kunj. For a person with my qualification, a management degree in International Business from FORE appears to be the right decision. FORE school of Management scores over several other MBA institutes for a number of reasons. The most obvious reasons for make me choose FORE are its location advantages – it’s located at a prime location in Delhi, which is my hometown too. In addition, the institute brings a legacy of over 22 years in the disciplines related to managerial education.

FORE school equips its students with the skills required to approach the real-life problems in a realistic way in addition to the related theoretical aspects. At the same time, I am going to develop skills that are vital to the building of managers of tomorrow. FORE will help me develop a number of crucial tangible and intangible skills, including decision-making, problem-solving, analytical reasoning, communications, creativity and innovation.

FORE is a reputed brand name that also becomes a good reason for companies to visit the campus for recruitment. Of course, a good placement is one of my obvious goals. The placement records of previous batches at FORE school reassure me of the job security after I complete my PG course.

I follow the concept of 4 D’s in my life – Desire, Determination and Discipline is what already I have. Direction is what FORE will provide me with its innate faculty and corporate partnerships. During my MBA course at FORE, I hope to undergo a holistic development in order to grow from a graduate to a successful business manager. I also hope to get an opportunity to grow personally as well as professionally, interacting with students coming from a multitude of cultures and backgrounds. With my education at FORE, I aim to learn the terms of trade while improving as a person going forward.

In my view, MBA should be a life-time experience, and FORE provides its student a right mix of education and cultural events. The committees at FORE extend an exciting opportunity for us to go and work outside of our core domains to explore newer avenues.

The pre-joining interactions with my peers and seniors have also been really exciting. My interactions with my seniors had been particularly impressive as I sense that they have matured as a professional in just one year of their education at FORE. The kind of sincerity and dedication they exhibited was highly commendable. They provided us all the required information on all modern channels of information, including Facebook, Pagalguy and various other MBA forums.

I most certainly look forward to being a part of this institute and calling myself a FORE-ian!

No comments:

Post a Comment