Saturday 11 June 2011

Interview with Manvi Gupta



I am Manvi Gupta. My father is a Chartered Accountant and I live in a joint family in Delhi. After my schooling in Delhi Public School, R K Puram, I decided to study Electronic Engineering from Roorkee. A job with Infosys followed, after which I went ahead and did my MBA in Marketing and Operations with FORE School of Management. It turned out to be the right decision – FORE has a reputation to live up to, and once I joined I found every bit of what I had heard was true.

MBA is not about studies, it’s quintessentially about nurturing your complete personality. FSM has deemed faculty and syllabi which mould students in the right direction. Academics mean active class participation, discussing real life cases, giving wings to out-of-box thinking, practical examples, industry interaction, honing communication skills – all of which contributes to personal growth as well. The Mantra is simple “Grow Professionally and Mould yourself Personally".

It absolutely pays to take the time out either immediately after graduation or after a short stint in a career to add an MBA to one’s qualifications. But you need to have the prudence, to be clear about what you want as a person from your MBA. If not, you need to have some understanding of where you would be standing after two years of your MBA.   When I entered FSM, I knew I had made the correct decision in my life. This is what I wanted.

FSM has the best faculties in all the departments, a strategic South Delhi location, high CAT percentile cut off, reputation as a leading Business School providing a practical, result oriented PGDM programme, active Alumnus dept. and above all perfect placements that get better with every passing out batch.

In my case, I was offered the responsibility of a Relationship Manager with CitiBank. I think my 2 year course at FSM has more than equipped me to carry out the role offered with dedication, perseverance and honesty. The importance of Networking, Socializing, Creating and Preserving contacts was more than instilled in me as a member of the Placement Cell. It will help me grow in the direction I seek growth.
During my interview, I was very clear of my strengths and knowledge I possess. Trust me, you cannot boast. The mantra is to understand how you would align your strengths to the company's advantage. If you have this knowledge, you are halfway to your goal.

I think I carry along with me a clarity of what I want to achieve in life. I believe in setting healthy boundaries for myself: they would help me attain a healthy work life balance. The Company in attaining a focused employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment