Sunday 26 June 2011

“Chosen Fore Because of Several Advantages over Other B-Schools” – By Priyanka Shukla (Batch 2011 - 13)


I am Priyanka Shukla, a Life Sciences graduate from Lucknow University. After my completing my graduation, an MBA was an obvious choice for me. The reason for this is that MBA is not just about learning management fundamentals, but also about the overall grooming of an individual into a professional, which was exactly what I was looking for in my higher studies. I appeared for CAT, scored good and got a call from FORE along with many other good B-Schools. My interview experience at FORE was one of the most challenging and a very interesting one of all the interviews I have appeared for. When I finally got through it, I decided to take the final call and join FORE. The reasons for choosing FORE were many:

  • FORE has, over the years, established itself into a brand name. It has a well placed alumni network and excellent corporate connections. Also the placement reports have been consistent and excellent. The list of visiting companies is pretty extensive and the profiles offered are diverse.

  • Interacting and learning from FORE's highly experienced and competent faculty would definitely add more value to my career and me as a person.

  • The location of FORE is undoubtedly one of the best in New Delhi. This will definitely make a difference in terms of exposure as it is surrounded by so many good colleges and corporate companies and thus makes it easier to interact with the people from other B- Schools as well.

  • As I interacted with the seniors I came to know that FORE also offers the flexibility of dual specialization.


To make an MBA experience more valuable, I feel what is really important is the peer group. The diversity of good students at FORE gives everyone a chance to learn from each other. Since many students have prior work experiences in various fields and different kinds of exposures, interacting with them at one place is just something one looks forward to. I have an inclination towards photography and as I was interacting with students, who are going to join my batch as well as the seniors I was pleasantly surprised that there are as many as ten other students who are interested in photography and some of them are really good too! We have already decided to make a group where we can learn from each other and pursue our hobby and everyone including me is absolutely excited about it.

"The two eventful years of learning and life turning experience awaits you at FORE", were the words printed on the final conversion letter I received from the college, and I am sure they definitely will be. Anxiously looking forward to be a part of FORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment