Saturday 11 June 2011

Interview with Nimira Singhal



After graduating in Biological Science (H) from Sri Venkatewara College, Delhi University, I worked for 6 months as a Sales & Marketing Executive at Zeco Aircon Ind. Pvt. Ltd.

During my tenure as Sales & Marketing Executive, I felt my career would do much better if I got the additional knowledge and exposure of an MBA.


FORE scores:

FORE School of Management is one of the best institutes for pursuing masters in management. With a prime location, in Delhi, it is not only my home city that attracted me to choose FSM over other options but also the brand name and a record of good placements. The college has the best faculty from various IIM's, with special reference to the Marketing field. As I intend to do my specialization in marketing, FSM suited me perfectly.

Another reason was the names of the companies that visit FORE for campus placements and summer internships. The marketing profiles offered by the companies that visit FORE have been very attractive: completely in line with my interest.

One always looks at the return on investment. The fees charged at FORE are in line with the packages offered by recruiting companies, and that is another distinct advantage.

As I looked through the previous batches, I found there has always been a good balance of students from various fields. That gives new students lots of scope for learning and interactions.

FORE has student exchange programmes, which take students for an entire semester to France. Studying there is a great opportunity as we live and learn in a new environment, getting a chance for a great learning experience.

Internship:
Like I said earlier, we get opportunities for great summer internships. I am an intern with Pepsico India, working on the Quaker Oats brand. My project involves designing a marketing campaign for Quaker Oats. The target audience is mainly employees in various corporate houses. I will educate them on the benefits of Quaker Oats and how it helps reduce cholesterol levels.

My internship is a complete practical application of marketing concepts that I have learnt during my first year at FORE School of Management. The course began with the basic concepts in Marketing Management in first two trimesters. The last trimester concentrated on Market Research. As the project is on a marketing campaign, lessons on Integrated Marketing communication have been the most useful. I will be able to conduct my internship well.

Other than Marketing, learning all kinds of soft skills such as presentations, communication skill, and conduct have been very useful as well. Knowledge on excel modelling learnt in IT have been helpful. A cost benefit analysis is required at every step of short listing the means used for the campaign, which have been taught to us in the first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment