Saturday 11 June 2011

Interview with SHASWAT SHARMA



I am Shashwat Sharma. Like a lot of young people my age, I am an engineer with a B.Tech from JSS ATE, Noida. Immediately after my engineering, I felt an MBA would help boost my career prospects. FORE School of Management was my destination because:  
  • It’s a highly reputed B-school in the country. Even my relatives and friends in the industry acknowledged this fact and made me chose FSM.
  • The industry relevant curriculum, taught up by experienced and renowned faculty, was exactly in sync with my career objectives
  • A solid placement track record that ensured that ample opportunities were given to the students to chose their preferred roles in top companies.  
I found it to be the right decision on all three counts. The last two years of rigorous academic training were accompanied by an amazing corporate exposure: a very integral part of our curriculum. It has given me the confidence of take on any business challenge in the corporate world. I am rather excited to take on these challenges and apply what I’ve learnt at FORE. The pedagogy followed at FORE has helped me understand the intricacies of business even before I enter the industry. FORE offers a conducive environment which encourages open sharing of ideas and hands-on experiences. The faculty and my batch mates have unraveled the real me and I find myself a better person – professionally and personally.

In today’s competitive world it is almost mandatory to get a business management degree if one wants to climb the corporate ladder. Even to run one’s own or family business, proper understanding of the market dynamics is absolutely necessary to achieve success.

During my interview, the panelists asked me to formulate a marketing campaign to launch a particular product-line of LG. Instead of jumping right in with grandiose plans, I asked the panelists to give me two minutes to think it over, which they willingly gave. I recalled and applied all the learnings I could gather and came out with a few ideas that impressed the panelists. Along with the ideas, they perhaps liked my sincerity in solving the given problem.

Advice: Always just be yourself. It gives you a lot of confidence. Also, doing proper home-work before any interview always helps.   

I am confident of my leadership skills, which have been honed in the last two years. The sense of ownership that comes with leadership always drives you to give your best, making you stand out in a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment